February 7, 2005
Citimotors Auditorium, Makati City
Centennial DISCON Reminders:
1. Once registration reaches venue capacity, registration closes on March 7 Area Meeting. Registration rate as of now is P3,000.00 and P2,500.00 for Rotarians and spouses, respectively.
2. Attire will be as follows:
Day 1, March 10 – Filipiniana
Day 2, March 11 – Business Attire
Day 2, March 11 – Centennial Talents Night Festival – Semi-formal
Day 3, March 12 – Business Attire
Day 3, Centennial Governor's Ball – Tuxedo/Black Suit/Gown
3. Centennial Presidents or duly designated representative can claim IDs and kits for the whole club, if pre-registered, on March 10, starting at 10:00 A.M. Registration tables are located in Mabuhay Restaurant beside Fiesta Pavilion.
4. Rehearsals for Fashion Show participants are as follows:
· February 7, 2005 5:00 P.M. Monday, Citimotors
· February 8, 2005 5:00 P.M. Tuesday, Citimotors
· February 21, 2005 5:00 P.M. Monday, Citimotors
· February 22, 2005 5:00 P.M. Tuesday, Citimotors
· February 28, 2005 5:00 P.M. Monday, Citimotors
· March 1, 2005 5:00 P.M. Tuesday, Citimotors
· March 9, 2005 7:00 P.M. Wednesday, Manila Hotel
5. Rehearsals for Centennial Governor's Ball Presentation are as announced by Area Coordinators.
6. Manila Hotel rooms are available at the following discounted rates:
Single Occupancy P2,800.00 – net
Double/Twin Occupancy P2,800.00 – net
Triple Occupancy P4,300.00 – net
Complimentary Buffet Breakfast
Flowers in the room
2 bottles of mineral water daily
Free use of gym, sauna, whirl pool and swimming pool
Please reserve with Nina Rachelle Maligaya at 527-0011 not later than February 28, 2005 as limited rooms are available.
7. All meals during Centennial Discon 2005 are with stubs included in the ID. The banquet will be enforcing the no stub, no meal policy. Participants without ID may not be allowed access in Fiesta Pavilion and other session rooms.
8. Raffle tickets for the On-to-Chicago (2 raffle tickets for pre-registered and 1 for early bird) are also contained in the ID.
9. Raffle tickets for showcase raffle shall be drawn on March 10 and 11 both at 9:00 in the morning. Physical presence is required to win.
10. Spouses' Program shall be held on March 12, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 N.N.
11. Clubs are encouraged to bring whistles, horns, clappers or other cheering devices for the second cheering competition as the name of the club is called during the Opening ceremonies which shall promptly start at 3:00 P.M. A cash prize of P5,000 shall be given to the club with the best cheer.
12. Raffle stubs for the Chicago Membership Challenge (1 stub for every new member sponsored) and Chicago TRF Challenge (1 stub for every $100.00 unrestricted and $1,000.00 restricted contribution) shall be dropped in the tambiolo by the task force concerned. Summary of raffle stubs prepared shall be posted conspicuously in the DISCON venue. For TRF, payment cut-off is February. For membership, data to be used will be per RI website as of February 28, 2005 unless duly modified by club upon presentation of proofs to the contrary.
13. Centennial Presidents, Past District Governors, Excom members and other dignitaries who will participate in the processional are requested to be in the foyer at 2:30 P.M. for arrangement.
14. There will be an orientation of all the program participants on February 15, 2:00 P.M. in Citimotors Makati. Venue rehearsal of all program participants, Centennial Talents Night Festival participants and Centennial Governor's Ball dancers will be on March 8, 1:00 P.M. in Manila Hotel. All program participants have been informed in writing as early as first week of February.
15. All participants are requested to proceed promptly to the designated venue of the sessions because they are all expected to start on time.
16. New members who have been accepted into membership after the club induction may be included in the mass inducted on the 3rd day of DISCON together with members of newly-chartered clubs.
17. Cellular phones should be turned off or put on silent/mute mode all throughout the sessions.
18. Breakfast meetings are being hosted separately. Separate invitations will be issued by their respective hosts.
19. Interactors and Rotaractors may register at P300.00 and P1,500.00 respectively. Please coordinate their registration with DG/DCC Loy Cosico. RCC members may attend the opening ceremonies free of charge. Kindly coordinate their attendance with SDG Rodring Camia. The 3 aforementioned partners in service will be counted in determining the "club with the biggest number of delegates including partners in service" category. Clubs are encouraged to financially assit their partners in service in the payment of registration. Deadline for registration of partners in service is February 28, 2005.
20. Orderliness is always a challenge for a big affair. As our Rotary International President's Representative is a Japanese and Japanese are known for their being courteous audience, silence is requested all throughout the proceedings. Sgt-at-Arms are requested to enforce this policy. The cooperation of everyone is appreciated.